What are LED Lights?
LED lights are solid state semiconductor devices. LED illumination is achieved when a semiconductor crystal is excited so that it directly produces visible light in a desired wavelength range (colour).
The light from an LED is practically a pure, single colour. A green LED produces green light only, a red LED only red light, and so on. It is the material of the LED chip that determinates the colour.
LEDs are driven by direct current, and the amount of current determines the brightness.
The brightness of the LED is proportional to the current flowing through the LED, more current, more light.
In order to create a full range of colours including white light, we need to use a selection of different LED's that can be combined in various proportions to create a wide colour palette.
Features & benefits of LEDs
- LED's are extremely efficient low energy light sources
- In 2005 white LED's had reached outputs of over 30 lumens/watt and coloured versions 50 lumens/watt. The light gains continue to grow, doubling about every two years.
- long operational life of up to 50,000 hours
- Compact light source, no other lamp possesses such small dimensions for a comparative light output.
- LED's do not emit ultraviolet (UV) or infrared (IR) radiation. They do not radiate heat in the direction of the illuminated object, they can therefore be used to illuminate materials that fade easily, food, works of art etc.
- LED's are durable against impact and vibration
- LEDs can be dimmed
- Coloured light can be produced effectively - over 16 million colours
- Display lighting - compact displays are possible with low operating temperatures
- Display case, museum and shop lighting - illumination of sensitive objects at close range with ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) free light
- Underwater lighting - low voltage supply for safety and low maintenance
- Outside lighting - coloured effects to enhance outdoor spaces
- Sign lighting - strips of LED's can be used to light signage in many different colours.
- Low level lighting - LED luminaires are cool to touch and are therefore suitable for us in domestic situations where children may come into contact with them.
- Architectural detail lighting - LED's can be used in applications which traditionally used neon or cold cathode
What is 'RGB' ?
- RGB stands for Red, Green and Blue. It is commonly used term to denote a module or luminaire that has the ability to change colour, up to a maximum of 16 million variations depending on the controller
- Features include colour phasing, switching and static colours
Our Lighting Range
- +Kitchen Lighting
- +Bathroom Lighting
- +Lounge & Hall Lighting
- +Childrens Lighting
- +Exterior Lighting
- +Bedroom Lighting
- +Lighting Accessories
- +Light Bulbs
- LED GU10 Bulbs
- LED E14 SES Bulbs
- LED E27 ES Bulbs
- LED G4 Lamps
- LED G9 Lamps
- LED Flexi Strip Lights
- Vintage Light Bulbs
- E14 Energy Saving Fluorescent Bulbs and Lamps
- E27 Energy Saving Fluorescent Bulbs and Lamps
- GU10, GX53 Energy Saving Bulbs and Lamps
- 2G7, 2G11, G23, GR8 Fluorescent Lamps
- T5, T8 Rings 2GX13 and T9 Rings G10Q
- G24 and GX24 Energy Saving Fluorescent Lamps
- Halogen Bulbs
- Incandescent Lamps
- +Clearance & Discount Lighting
Our telephone lines will be closed over the Christmas and New Year Period ... between the 24th of December and the 2nd of January. Orders placed on the website will be processed as usual.
We would like to wish all our customers a Happy Christmas and New Year.
Super items (2 small Kone single black lights) and very good service. I will definitely use Dusk Lights again.
Mrs Duncan said:
Hello Just wanted to say how delighted I am with the service you provided in relation to the attached order. The lights look amazing (Napoli Wall Light in Matt Nickel)- exactly what I was after and your website very accurately reflects this. The colour is perfect. Have put them up myself and they look even better than I thought they would. It was a pleasure to speak with you on the phone and you were really helpful in offering additional information. Will definitely recommend you.
MR POTTER said:
Fantastic service together with excellent prices - The best of both worlds!